Friday, February 6, 2009

AVON Very Cherry Review


I was planning this review for ages, even before I started to blog, I was planning to write this on the beauty forum I like hanging out, Itsbeauty.. AVON has some really nice shades and cute lipsticks but you just have to rely on the catalogue images and they only serve to fail you. Keeping this in mind, I still knew that I would end up with AVON's Very Cherry of Ultra Color Rich, Mousse Lipstick Series 'cos I'm such a red lippy freak lately :))

Product: 4.5 out of 5
Packaging: 4.5 out of 5
Quality: 4.5 out of 5
Overall: 4.5 out of 5
Would I buy again? YES
Where to buy? From any AVON representative or online if u live in US.
Price: AVON's prices change constantly. Actually "change" is not a good word, they vary discounts with every new catalogue and if it's not cheap by the time you have a look at them, just wait a few weeks and buy it cheaper with next catalogue.. I paid 8.50 TL (around 5.20 USD)

PROS:
I ordered it, hoping it'd be more reddish but the name goes for the color, it is "cherry" pink more than a real red. But the color didn't disturb me at all, it is a very cute, wearable color that I was impressed. Because as a general rule, cherry pinks don't like me. I look like a clown, if not worse :( AVON claims that the inner mousse part is a moisturizer, provides a smooth application and conditions for full, shapely lips. The lippy is really creamy. It helped my lips feel better after application (my lips were extra-dried and chappy when I woke up today) and the stay-on power is impressive despite the entire soft texture.
CONS:
The thing bothers me most about AVON products that, they never bother to label the weight or volume of the product. I assume they "have to" insert it in USA but in Turkey, you just don't find that info anywhere. (Hmm was it written on the box though? I don't remember.. It's definitely not written on the product.) The shape of this line (Mousse Form) is strange, it seems like AVON wanted you to paint everywhere if you use from the original packaging. I always use lip brush for bolder colors but I also like a lippy to be applicable on its own.. The packaging also seems cheapish. I buy other drugstore brands in Turkey or sometimes use other brands.. AVON has the cheapest-looking package. Seriously. I like AVON lippies though, and I like this one too and I'd buy if/when it's finished and if AVON still has it.

Pic.s on highly pigmented lips and NC30 skin..








Marjo

No comments: